Product on Review: CM Storm Sentinel Z3RO-G Gaming Mouse
Manufacturer and Sponsor: CM Storm (Cooler Master)
Street Price: Approx. £54 inc. VAT (at time of review)
You may remember during CeBIT we managed to snap a few photos of CM Storm’s new addition to their gaming mouse range - the Sentinel Z3RO-G. This new product joins their current line-up of gaming mice; Spawn, Inferno and Sentinel Advance, with the latter being the predecessor to the Z3RO-G. CM Storm have been pumping out products almost monthly with the latest being the CM Storm Enforcer Mid-Tower case that we reviewed just last month.
Today we are fortunate enough to be reviewing the CM Storm Sentinel Z3RO-G gaming mouse, an updated model from the Sentinel Advance that we reviewed back in 2009. The Sentinel Advance received a gold award from Vortez.net, so let’s see how the improved specification of the Z3RO-G fares.
CM Storm’s take:
The Sentinel Z3RO-G is, without a doubt, the most customizable mouse ever! Is the mouse too heavy or too light for your taste? CM Storm has the solution. In the bottom of the mouse reside five 4.5 gram weights which can easily be removed or added to your personalized mouse design. Wondering what DPI you have selected? The Sentinel Z3RO-G possesses an OLED screen under your hand which will tell you the DPI by X and Y axis, which may be toggled up to an amazing 5600, and may also include a personalized logo of your choice, like a clan emblem or the or the logo of the latest killer game in cyberspace.
• Twin laser engine to ensure extreme stability and ultra precise tracking performance.
• Onboard Sentinel-X 128Kb memory which safeguards your mouse settings and store up to 5 different game profiles.
• OLED Profile Management – Allows gamers to switch DPI and profiles on the fly with instant visual feedbacks.
• Weight Adjustment System – Five 4.5 gram metal weights allow you to select your ideal mouse weight with a 22.5 gram weight variation.
• Storm Tactics macro support allows the Sentinel’s intelligent firmware to record, replay and schedule keyboard and mouse actions.
• Included game in the box (Shattered Horizon)
• 2 Years Warranty
- Black and Grey
- Rubber Grip / ABS Plastic / Mesh Bezel / Metal Plate
- (W) 83.5 X (H) 135 X (D) 40 mm
Net Weight (g)
- 161.5 g
- 5600 DPI Storm Tactical™ Twin-laser Sensor
X&Y Axis Configuration
- Independent and programmable
Maximum Tracking Speed
- 6.00 m/s 235 IPS
Dynamic Surface Adaptation
- Tracks on all surfaces, ensures minimal lift-off distance
- Right Hand Ergonomic
Illumination IC controlled Illumination with 7 colors and variable lighting effects
- Yes, 4.5g X 5 pcs