Product on Review: Psyko 5.1 Gaming Headset
Manufacturer and Sponsor: Psyko
MSRP: £200 / $300
The product we will be taking a look at today first made its appearance at CES in 2009 and caused quite a stir. Psyko Audio Labs is a Canadian based technology group focused with the sole intention of giving the gaming community new and innovative surround sound solutions. Their one and only product the Psyko 5.1 Gaming Headset is the result of over 8 years of work by head-man, inventor and mastermind James Hildebrandt.
The Psyko 5.1 Gaming Headset hopes to replicate the same sound properties as a typical surround sound system would via speakers. Even from just taking a first glance at the Psyko 5.1 Gaming Headset it will strike you as something totally unique amongst any audio solution currently available to the gamer.
Psyko Audio Labs take:
This is a quantum leap in headphone technology. The Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headset System creates 3D sound in exactly the same way a room system does – with 5 speakers plus the subwoofer positioned accurately around you. You hear precisely where every sound originates, the way you are supposed to. You get naturally immersive sound with no hassles, no latency, and no limits to where and when you want to play.
• Patent Pending Psyko WaveGuide™ Technology for precision directional audio
• You are always in the audio “Sweet Spot” for enhanced realism
Zero Latency and Instant Positional Awareness
• Hear directional sounds instantly and more accurately
• Improves game performance through faster reaction times and higher kill ratios
Simple and Accurate Setup
• Just plug the Psyko 5.1 Amp into your 5.1 sound card, adjust your Control Panel settings to 5.1 and play
• All speakers are automatically in the right place
Custom Sound Control
• Adjust volume and bass levels on the Psyko 5.1 PC Amp
• Patent Pending ear cup vents pivot open and closed, allowing for open air flow to keep your ears cool and comfortable for those marathon game sessions. Open them to talk to others in the room, close them to block outside sounds.
• Fabric cushioning for extended play comfort