Product on Review: Alumic Gaming Mouse Pad
Manufacturer & Sponsor: ROCCAT / Meroncourt
Street Price: £36.98 inc. VAT (At time of review)
It was just 2 weeks ago that we got our first 'hands-on' look at ROCCAT's latest and greatest at CeBIT 2011. The first item that ROCCAT showed us at that event is the item under review today. A double sided gaming mouse pad with an anodized aluminium core providing ultimate stability and durability, whilst accommodating both low and high-sensitivity gamers by way of 2 completely different surface textures.
Alumic is a very intriguing product and is sure to get plenty of exposure due to its unique design. In the following pages we will take a close look at the pad and find out how well it interacts with both optical and laser gaming mice.
ROCCAT's Take on Alumic:
With two very different surface structures, the ROCCAT™ Alumic meets the highest demands of both low and high-sense gamers. Each side also features a different design. Made from high-quality aluminum, the ROCCAT™ Alumic offers maximum stability and durability. Extra-large mousepad feet ensure the mousepad stays rooted to the spot while offering the ultimate in mouse control when gaming. It also includes a gel-filled wrist rest for maximum comfort.
- Featuring Speed & Control surfaces, each with an individual design
ANODIZED ALUMINUM CORE
- With warp-protection – guaranteeing maximum stability & durability
INCLUDING GEL WRIST REST
- Ergonomic, fatigue-free comfort for long gaming sessions
NON-SLIP RUBBER FEET
- Provide ultra-strong grip on any desk
HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS
- Compact – measures 331×272mm with a thickness of 3mm
- Allow anything causing friction to be removed in a flash