Whether you are a crypto miner or high-performance PC enthusiast that’s looking for a high-wattage high-efficiency power supply, you’d be happy to know that CORSAIR just announced that they have restocked its powerful AX1600i PSU. The Corsair AX1600i is the industry’s most powerful and efficient PSU which is also coming from CORSAIR’s flagship AXi Series.
The CORSAIR AX1600i features 80 PLUS Titanium efficiency delivering 1600 watts or pure and clean power output. It sports 100% 105°C rated Japanese capacitors and other world-class components to bring you top-notch performance.
- Totem-pole PFC Gallium Nitride (GaN) transistors for superior efficiency in a smaller form-factor.
- CORSAIR LINK software provides in-depth monitoring of PSU temperature, fan speed, voltages, current, AC/DC wattage and efficiency, with the ability to log everything for easy troubleshooting.
- World Class Electrical Performance for incredibly stable voltages and ultra-low ripple noise
- 140mm patented FDB cooling fan with zero RPM fan mode for near-silent operation at low loads.
- Fully modular cable design with roll-up cable bag for neat cabling and cable storage.
- Three-colour customizable magnetic side labels let you choose your PSU’s style to match your build
- Ten-Year comprehensive CORSAIR warranty.
The CORSAIR AX1600i Digital ATX Power Supply (CP-9020087-NA) is available at the CORSAIR webstore for €449.99 EUR.
Unfortunately, after an hour of CORSAIR’s announcement on its global Facebook fanpage, the item became out of stock. If you are in need of the CORSAIR AX1600i power supply, it is currently available at Scan.co.uk on a pre-order basis for Ł449.99. Item is said to be due on the 26th of May 2018.
Shortage of High-Wattage PSUs
Doing a quick check on other brands that offer high-wattage consumer power supplies such as EVGA and Seasonic, even EVGA’s 1600W PSU offerings (EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2, EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 and EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 G2) are all out of stock. On the other hand, Seasonic’s PRIME 1200W and PRIME 1300W power supplies are also out of stock and on a pre-order basis on Scan and Overclockers UK. It seems that PSUs above the 1000W rating are hard to find nowadays, true for 1200W, 1300W and higher wattage power supplies. With the latest generation of graphics cards and processors greatly improving on power consumption and efficiency, we can only point to crypto mining as the primary suspect that wipes out the stocks of high-wattage power supplies. Could this shortage cause an inflation on power supply prices just like the scenario on graphics cards? We can only watch and find out as the mining boom goes on.