New and Key features introduced on the EVGA 790i SLI FTW Digital motherboard:
• Intel socket 775 45nm CPU ready for Intel Core 2 Duo "Yorkfield" and Intel Core 2 Quad "Wolfdale".
• 3x PCIe 2.0 x16 slots for highest PCIe bus bandwidth
• NVIDIA next generation SLI-2 certified, combining true SLI and PhysX in a 3-way-SLI configuration.
• EVGA 8 phase digital power supply design for utmost stability in extreme over-clocking environment (replacing a 6 phase analogue reference power supply).
• 100% solid state capacitors and all ferrite core chokes to precisely sharpen the signal and to reduce the signal's noise to extend the over-clocking range.
• EVGA enthusiast BIOS for advanced over-clocking, including a complete menu of validated over-clocking voltage settings to also introduce the less ex-perienced enthusiast step-by-step to advanced voltage settings (Dummy OC from 5% - 25% over-clocking).
• Extreme manual over-clocking supported by an extended range of signal-stabilized BIOS voltage settings.
• "Vdroop" BIOS settings to extend and stabilize the over-clocking range at heavy CPU load.
• Supporting 2000+ MHz 128 bit dual-channel DDR3 memory and 1600+ MHz FSB.
• EVGA clear CMOS button, power- and reset button with EVGA status LED and EVGA CPU temperature indicator.
• Diagnostic LED for simplified trouble shooting
• 9 SATA-2 ports with support for RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5, JBOD
• HD Audio - 7.1 Channel, Azalia (HAD)
• 2 native 1Gb Ethernet connectors
• 10 USB 2.0 connectors
• 2 IEEE 1394 Firewire connectors
• Innovative sideway exhaust chipset cooling.
Products will be available starting October 1, 2008 through EVGA's network of leading E-tailers, Retailers, Systems Integrators, OEM System Manufacturers and Distributors.