GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming: First Dual-Channel Memory X299 Motherboard for Kaby Lake-X
GIGABYTE introduces the first dual-channel X299 motherboard for the Intel Core-X Kaby Lake processors only. The Kaby Lake-X, comprising of the Intel Core i5-7640X and Intel Core i7-7740X, are quad-core processors that only opens a maximum of two memory channels which this particular motherboard is aimed for. The GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming would seem to be in between the i7-7700k mainstream desktop processor and the i9 offerings for the X299 high-end desktop platform.
However, the GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming doesn’t compromise on high-end features built in most X299 motherboards such as support for Intel Optane Memory, high-speed USB 3.1 Gen 2 connectivity, dual ultra-fast M.2 slots running at PCIe Gen3 x4 inteface, Thunderbolt 3 add-in-card support, support for up to 3-way graphics card configurations and other premium features. The X299 AORUS Gaming motherboard also gets the proprietary RGB lighting with customization options through the GIGABYTE RGB Fusion application.
- Supports Intel Core i7-7740X & i5-7640X (4 Cores) Processor Only
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- ASMedia 3142 USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-A
- 3-Way Graphics Support
- ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone AMP and WIMA audio capacitor
- RGB FUSION support Digital LED and RGBW Light Strips
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Dual Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 support by optional adaptor
- Intel GbE LAN Gaming Network with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
- Anti-Sulfur Resistor Design
- Ultra Durable 25KV ESD and 15KV Surge LAN Protection
- Lightning-Fast Intel® Thunderbolt 3 AIC Support
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS
- APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
For more information on the GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming motherboard, visit the product page at the GIGABYTE website.