Micron first introduced the Edge industrial-grade microSD flash cards back in November 2017 but was only available in capacities of up to 64GB. Today, Micron confirms the availability of the larger 128GB and 256GB capacities of the Micron Edge microSD on its global distribution channels.
The Micro Edge microSD cards are based on Micron’s industry-leading 64-layer 3D TLC NAND technology that enables greater capacities with the same compact flash form factor. With capacities of up to 256GB, it offers surveillance video storage of up to 30 days on the camera itself. Micron’s industrial-grade microSD cards are built to be robust, reliable and maintenance-free to deliver 24/7 continuous operation without dropping any frame rate.
Watch the Micron Edge Storage Solution product introduction below.
Micron Edge Storage Features
Micron’s industrial-grade Edge Storage microSD cards are specifically designed for IP video surveillance workloads. It offers the following features below:
- Storage densities of 256GB, 128GB, 64GB, and 32GB, which enable more video to be stored at the edge, giving system designers increased flexibility
- At least three years of high-quality, continuous, 24x7 video recording in a wide range of temperatures and environments
- Technology for the cards to self-monitor and provide information on card usage and expected useful life remaining for each card
- Special firmware designed for continuous video recording, which minimizes frame drops and video loss
- A two million hours mean-time-to-failure (MTTF) or 0.44 percent annualized failure rate (AFR), which is equal or better than most surveillance Hard Disk Drive
Pricing and Availability
The 128GB and 256GB versions of the Micron Edge Solution industrial-grade microSD cards are now available at partner resellers globally with an MSRP of $59 and $119 respectively.