This week, MSI unveiled its AMD X670 and AMD X670E motherboards for the next-generation AMD Ryzen 7000 Series processors and the new AMD AM5 socket. Today, MSI unveils the WS WRX80 Motherboard for AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5000WX and 3000WX series processors. MSI also introduces its newest addition to its power supply line the MEG Ai1300P and MEG Ai1000P PCIe5 power supply units.
MSI WS WRX80 Motherboard
It had been a long time since there was no news from MSIs Workstation motherboard. The MSI WS WRX80 is coming soon and ready for AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5000WX and 3000WX series in 2H 2022. This motherboard is the ultimate workstation motherboard tailored to prosumers who crave optimum efficiency and rigorous performance. Powered by Aspeed AST2600 BMC chip, this motherboard introduces a variety of remote management capabilities for multitasking usages through the web interface. The WRX80 platform supports 8-channel DDR4 memory, 128 PCIe 4.0 lanes, and up to 64 cores / 128 threads processor. Integrated with an excellent thermal solution, maximum expansion and flexibility, high stability components, and exclusive features, the WS WRX80 is the perfect workstation motherboard for content creators.
MSI WS WRX80 Motherboard Features
- Supports AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Series Processors for sWRX8 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, 8 Channel DDR4-3200MHz (MAX)
- Extreme Power Design: Direct 11 phases with 105A Smart Power Stage to unleash the maximum performance.
- Premium Thermal Module: Aluminum Cover, Stacked Fin Array, 7W/mK thermal pads, and Frozr Heatsink ensure extreme performance with low temperature.
- Latest Network Solution: Onboard 10G Super LAN and the latest Wi-Fi 6E solution deliver the best online experience without lag.
- Lightning experience: PCIe 4.0 slots, Lightning Gen 4 x4 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 20G Type-C.
- 14 Layer Server-grade PCB with 2oz Thickened Copper: Provides higher performance and long-lasting system stability without any compromise.
- Chest Plate: The metal backplate strengthens the board, which prevents bending, protects components, and benefits your installation process.
- Audio Boost 5: Ultimate audio solution with premium ALC4080 audio processor, delivering a breathtaking experience.
Learn more about the MSI WS WRX80 Motherboard at MSI.com.
MEG Ai1300P and MEG Ai1000P PCIE5 Power Supply Units
With MSI motherboards now integrating the latest technologies such as PCIe 5.0, the power supply is also becoming an important aspect of a computer build. This is why MSI's upcoming MEG Ai1300P and MEG Ai1000P PCIE5 power supply will be crucial for many gamers. The MEG Ai1300P and MEG Ai1000P PCIE5 power supply units are MSI's first PCIe 5.0 and ATX 3.0 ready high-end power supply units. This power supply unit comes with the updated 16-pin PCIe 5.0 power connector that can provide up to 600W in power. So even the most advanced graphics cards can be powered with no problem. It can automatically detect the power loading and internal system temperature to adjust the fan speed. When the loading is below 55% or the temperature is below 70 degrees, the fan will automatically stop to reduce noise and conserve energy. The MEG Ai1300P / Ai1000P PCIE5 also comes with real-time monitoring of power-related information such as output wattage to CPU/GPU or the current power efficiency.