We really hope this isn't an April fools prank seeing as though it was released on the 1st of April. It hasn't been taken down which is a promising sign. Does a 29 inch Ultra Widescreen monitor sound like something you would want or need? Read the article below and discuss in our forums.
Well......Here goes nothing.
IPS Panel, Slim Profile, Full Ergonomics and Comprehensive Connectivity Ideal for Corporate, Financial, Digital Signage and Medical Environments.
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today a 29-inch LED-backlit monitor that boasts an IPS panel, slim profile, full ergonomics and comprehensive connectivity for corporate, financial services, digital signage and medical environments, among others.
Joining the award-winning MultiSync® EA Series lineup, the EA294WMi performance-driven monitor enhances multi-tasking capabilities, work performance and productivity through its panoramic view, 21:9 aspect ratio, uniform color brightness and 2560 x 1080 resolution. It also consumes 29 percent less power than dual 19-inch monitors with similar LCD panel technology. The EA294WMi offers split-screen Picture by Picture/Side by Side (PBP) functionality, which enables two sources to display information on one monitor.
The monitor is TCO Certified Edge 1.2, a supplemental certification for innovative products with characteristics at the forefront of environmental design or social responsibility.
This widescreen model features IPS panel technology, providing exceptional image and color quality, with wide viewing angles (178° horizontal/vertical) and ergonomic adjustability. ControlSync™ technology allows users to control up to six EA294WMi displays in a multi-monitor configuration. Upon establishing one unit as the master, users are able to control many performance attributes of the multi-monitor setup in unison through the single monitor.
Smart sensing technology automatically detects work conditions to determine the proper display brightness with ambient light and human sensors, while a comprehensive input panel, including DisplayPort, HDMI/MHL, DVI-D, VGA and 4-port USB hub, connects users to the latest peripherals and future-proofs the investment. Select smartphones (MHL-embedded) also can be connected via HDMI/MHL for HD quality images or video.
Having essentially two monitors in one cabinet gives users several advantages, including lower acquisition, cable replacement and warranty costs.
The MultiSync EA294WMi includes the following features:
- 29-inch, 21:9 IPS panel with LED backlighting
- 2560 x 1080 resolution and 300 cd/m2 brightness
- 25,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (1000:1 typical)
- Wide viewing angles of 178°H/178°V and 100 percent sRBG support
- 97 dpi, which provides better readability, and 6ms response time
- Thinner bezel and slimmer chassis with OSD touch controls
- Picture by Picture (PBP) functionality
- Enhanced efficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Ergonomic adjustable stand with 130mm height-adjust, tilt, swivel and pivot
- Six inputs, which include (1) DisplayPort, (1) HDMI/MHL, (2) DVI-D and (2) VGA D-sub inputs, and provide future-proof connectivity
- Integrated 4-port USB 2.0 hub (2 rear, 2 side) and integrated speakers (1W x 2)
- ControlSync for multi-screen setups
- Smart sensing technology (ambient light and human sensors)
- NaViSet Administrator 2.0
- DICOM Simulation
- TCO Certified Edge 1.2
- ECO Mode™, carbon footprint meter and cost meter
- ENERGY STAR® 5.1 and TCO 6.0 compliant
- EPEAT™ Gold
The MultiSync EA294WMi ships with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in early May 2013 at an estimated street price of $799.