Seagate Backup Plus Now Available In 5TB Capacity
Seagate introduces the world’s largest-capacity portable drive – the Backup Plus 5TB. With today’s consumers demands for higher-resolution media such us 3D and 4K content, the demand for higher capacity storage devices are also increasing. For those that love storing photos, movies, music, captured content of all sorts be it from action cameras or DSLRs, Seagate’s Backup Plus portable storage drives now has a 5TB capacity variant.
The Seagate Backup Plus Portable 5TB drive was made possible thanks to the creation of the new Seagate BarraCuda internal drive featuring a new breakthrough 2.5-inch 1TB platter technology. See key features below:
- Unparalleled capacity for its size
- Customizable backup options with Seagate Dashboard software for easy local, mobile, cloud and social media backup
- Use on both PC and Mac® computers by installing the NTFS driver for Mac
- Quick file transfers with USB 3.0 connectivity
- Sleek 20.5mm form factor with aluminum cover making the drive as durable as it is efficient
- Capacity: 5TB
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Height: 20.5mm
- Length: 114.5mm
- Width: 78mm
- Typical Weight: 247grams
The Seagate Backup Plus Portable 5TB drive will be available this November 2016 with an MSRP of $189.99. The Seagate Backup Plus Portable drives are available in red, silver, black, and blue color options at consumer electronics resellers worldwide. For more details on the Seagate Backup Plus portable drives, visit the Seagate website.