WD Introduces Ultrastar DC HC530 14TB Drive
Western Digital introduces the Ultrastar DC HC530 14TB hard drive featuring the HelioSeal design that boosts reliability, quality and power efficiency. The Ultrastar DC HC530 is built on Western Digital’s fifth-generation HelioSeal technology and specifically designed for cloud and enterprise data centres offering cost-efficient data storage wherein storage density, cost per data storage and wattage per data storage are important matters. The patented HelioSeal process seals helium in the drive to provide unbeatable capacity, exceptional power efficiency and long-term data centre reliability. The low-power design keeps costs down without compromising performance, giving data centres a win-win solution. The Ultrastar DC HC530 will be available in SAS and SATA interfaces.
- HelioSeal Technology: Western Digital’s fifth-generation helium-based drives, based on the exclusive HelioSeal technology
- Available with either 12Gb/s SAS or 6Gb/s SATA interface
- Two-Dimensional Magnetic Recording (TDMR) and improved Dual-Stage Micro Actuator provides optimal head positioning and rotational vibration robustness
- Data Protection: Helps protect end user data with encryption (Self Encrypting Drive)
- Reliability: Amongst the industry’s highest MTBF rating at 2.5M hours and comes with a 5-year limited warranty
Max Areal Density (Gbits/sq. in.): 904
Data Buffer: 512MB
Rotational Speed: 7200RPM
Latency Average: 4.16ms
Sustained Transfer Rate: 255MiB/s, 267MB/s
MTBF: 2.5 million hours
Load/Unload Cycles: 600,000
Operating Ambient Temperature: 5º to 60º C
The Ultrastar DC HC530 14TB HDD is currently shipping to selected hyperscale cloud clients for qualification.