WD Red and WD Red PRO NAS Drives Now In 10TB Capacities
Western Digital expands its WD Red and WD Red PRO NAS hard drive series and makes 10TB-capacity models. The WD Red and WD Red PRO drives are specially designed for small-to-medium business NAS systems as well as personal and home NAS solutions. These drives are also one of the helium-based high capacity hard drive models Western Digital offers with outstanding reliability. With the larger capacity models, builders can scale up their NAS storage needs with ease.
Western Digital aims to address the increasing demand for reliable, affordable and larger-capacity NAS solutions. Designed with WD's HelioSeal helium-technology, the WD Red drives provides higher capacity and performance to meet the increasing storage needs of always-on, single-to-8-bay NAS systems. Upgrading from the 8TB models would easily enable a 25% data storage upgrade for any NAS system.
WD Red and WD Red Pro Features and Specifications
- Western Digital’s fourth generation HelioSeal technology.
- 3D Active Balance Plus: enhanced balance control technology that improves the drive’s overall reliability and performance
- Seamless integration with Western Digital's My Cloud Pro Series NAS and My Cloud Expert Series NAS systems designed specifically for the creative community to enable seamless transfer of content between devices in any location, whether users are shooting remotely or editing at home
- NASware 3.0: enhanced version of NASware technology, designed to improve reliability and system performance, reduce customer downtime and to simplify the integration process
- Optimized performance class: 5400 RPM class for SOHO environments, 7200 RPM class for up to 16 bay NAS systems
The 10TB WD Red NAS hard drive has an MSRP of $494.00 USD and has a limited three-year warranty. The 10TB WD Red PRO NAS hard drive on the other hand has an MSRP of $533.00 USD with a limited five-year warranty. Visit the WD website for more information.