Product on Review: SteelSeries Shift
Manufacturer and Sponsor: SteelSeries
Street Price: £77 / Ä90 / $124
Just a few weeks ago SteelSeries announced the Shift gaming keyboard. A versatile gaming peripheral with a difference. Not only are you able to change the visual appearance of the keyboard by swapping out the keyset but you can switch the functionality too. Gamers also have the choice of accessing on-the-fly macro recordings with 8 hotkeys in 3 unique layers. Resulting in 24 options. Commands can be rerecorded and assigned to a single key.
With many more features in the bag, lets waste no more time and take a look at this new release from SteelSeries.
Shift the rules. Winning is everything. The SteelSeries Shift is the gaming keyboard designed to change and adapt to real-time strategy (RTS), and massively multiplayer online (MMO) games through interchangeable keysets. Powered by SteelSeries Engine software, the SteelSeries Shift provides gamers with predefined game mods and an intuitive layout of the most common commands and actions for specific game genres and titles. With the functionality to customize every key on the keyset, on-the-fly macro recording, and the anti-ghosting of up to 7 simultaneous keystrokes, the SteelSeries Shift is designed to help in the mastery of any game.
Weight 1800 gram / 4 lbs
Height 260 mm
Width 520 mm
Depth 65 mm
- Multiple layers of full keyboard customization
- On-the-fly macro recording with 8 specific hotkeys in 3 unique layers
- Bar and Pad Lock allow additional layers of mapping on the F and NUM Pad keys
- Access to media controls directly on the keyboard
- Anti-ghosting up to 7 simultaneous keystrokes
- Fine-tuned heat spots for frequent key strokes
- Gold plated microphone-in and audio-out ports, two 2.0 USB ports (one powered)
- 3 height settings with adjustable, rubberized feet
- Gaming Grade lifecycle of 15 million keystrokes per key