The Synology DS410 comes in a neat little box with a handle. Inside this box there is the NAS box, AC power, warranty leaflet, screws, CAT5 cable, cable clip and CD with instructions. All fairly standard accessories.
The DS410 box
The accessories inside the box
The power pack for the DS410
Taking a closer look at the DS410, the unit oozes quality. The outer shell is thick and well made, on the sides are the engraved Synology logos, adding a bit of style to a rather plain, large panel. The front panel takes advantage of corrugated front panelling. In the centre of this fascia is a strip with power, activity and HDD LED's. In the very middle is a power button with a polished metal finish.
A very nice looking unit
Power, Activity, HDD LED lights and power button
Moving to the rear of the DS410 we have the openings for the dual 80mm fans, below these two fans are the output ports.
- DC Output
- Two USB ports
- RST (Restart)
The DS410 is quite a weighty unit. It weighs in at 2.23KG, so its probably a good idea to have this places on a shelf or desk. The above outputs give quite a bit of flexibility, the LAN connector gives gigabit transfer speeds.
Twin 80mm fans
Fully flexible device outlet - USB, eSATA, Power, Reset
Below are the specifications for the DS410. It's a shame there is no USB 3.0 with this unit, since this is a new product and a new technology it would have been nice to integrate such a feature. For the price, the below specification is decent. Nice to see Synology giving so much detail about what's inside.
* CPU Frequency: 1.06GHz
* Floating Point
* Hardware Encryption Engine
* Memory Bus: [email protected]
* Memory: 512MB
* Internal HDD1: 3.5" SATA(II) X4 or 2.5" SATA/SSD X4
* Max Internal Capacity: 8TB (4x 2TB hard drives)
* Size (HxWxD): 168mm X 184mm X 230mm
* External HDD Interface: USB 2.0 port X2, eSATA port X1
* Weight: 2.23kg
* LAN: Gigabit X1
* Wireless Support
* Wake on LAN/WAN
* Noise Level (fan-only):2 23dB(A)
* Power Recovery
* AC Input Power Voltage: 100V to 240V
* Power Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, Single Phase
* Power Consumption: 3 56W(Access); 20W(HDD Hibernation)
* Operating Temperature: 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
* Storage Temperature: -10°C to 70°C (15°F to 155°F)
* Relative Humidity: 5% to 95%RH
* Maximum Operating Altitude: 10,000 feet
* Certification: FCC Class B, CE Class B, BSMI Class B