ZOTAC GAMING RTX 2080 Ti AMP Review

👤by Vortez Reviews Comments 📅19-09-18
Conclusion

There is no denying that the new RTX 2080 Ti is the fastest graphics card we’ve ever encountered and when given the ‘AMP’ treatment – things can only get better. With currently no clear rival in the pathway of RTX 2080 Ti, this is no doubt the king of GPUs. It is both illustrious in performance and in price too.

The most significant advantage to the RTX 2080 Ti AMP is its gaming performance beyond 1080p. Where the GTX 1080 Ti may have struggled to gain traction at Ultra detail in either 1440p or 4K resolutions, the RTX 2080 Ti reigns supreme – dialling in to some truly impressive numbers. We were able to nudge up the GPU and memory clocks to an admirable 9% and 7%. This effectively means the GPU clock received an overall 16% increase from the stock settings – not bad at all. In the real world, this translates to an extra 10-15fps in-game, which to some will be quite significant.


ZOTAC has done an excellent job in bringing to market a graphics card which looks stylish and yet simple with understated aesthetics and which avoids jumping into the deep end with RGB lighting. The design looks great and the triple fan arrangement performs proficiently – delivering low noise and low temperatures.

It’s great to see some additional features make an appearance, such as the USB 3.1 Type-C on the Rear IO panel. This port acts as a VirtualLink connector for VR head-mounted displays. Although there are no HMDs currently using VirtualLink, this technology will be utilised in the not too-distant future, so we’re pleased to see it present.

The elephant in the room is quite obviously the price. The RTX 2080 Ti as a whole (irrespective of which partner card) is the most expensive flagship graphics card to date. Our ZOTAC RTX 2080 Ti AMP weighs in at a hefty £1250 GBP / $1200 USD. It certainly won’t win any value for money award!

ZOTAC has done a sterling job with the RTX 2080 Ti AMP. NVIDIA’s new flagship GPU is adorned in a very capable triple fan cooler and manages to deliver outstanding 3D performance while still providing additional headroom for extra overclocking.



Pros
+ Simple, understated design
+ Excellent build quality
+ Fantastic performance
+ Low noise cooling solution
+ Low GPU temperature
+ Great overclocking headroom
+ Arrives with USB 3.1 Type-C port
+ 5-year extended warranty

Cons
- Expensive
- Power hungry

Click here for an explanation of our awards at Vortez.net.

Stay connected with the Vortez Social Media pages:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Join in with the discussions on Discord

22 pages « < 19 20 21 22

Comments